MTB Rear Disassembly
- Wipe all exterior dirt from hub before taking apart.
- Loosen socket head cap screw #1 on Clinch Nut #2.
- Remove Clinch Nut buy turning it counter clockwise.
- Remove Axle #5 by pushing it out the drive side end. The Drive body #4 may slide out with the Axle. You may have to tap out the Axle (NOT A PRESS FIT).
- Pull Drive Body #4 out if not removed with Axle.
Examine and spin all bearings to check for smooth operation.
Examine Clutch #6 for any contamination
Wipe grit off Drive Body #4
You may now apply ATF oil to the clutch bearing (if needed)
- Install Drive Body into clutch by pushing and twisting it counter clockwise into the hub.
- Push the Axle#5 through the hub.
- Screw on clinch nut and snug it all the way by hand. Back off clinch nut about 1/12 of a turn or about 5 minuets on the face of a clock (DO NOT PRELOAD BEARING).
- Tighten screw #1. Do not over tighten screw.
- You are ready to reinstall your wheel.
- If hub feels tight after wheel is re-installed , repeat steps 3 and 4 with wheel installed on bike.